Wednesday 22 August 2012

SBG Booklet

Inspired by the booklets shown here: http://statteacher.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/made-4-math-monday-8.html, I wanted to make my own grade-tracking booklet for the pupils. With it comes a simple description of what SBG means. I'm not entirely happy with that description and it may change, but it is one of the ways I will be attempting to make the SBG method more concrete and understood in my classes this year.



You may have noticed that my scale only goes up to 3.5 this year. Previously I used an adapted version of Samjshah's 4 point rubric, but found that pupils couldn't really distinguish much between 3 and 3.5. My new scale fits in with the school's 'red, amber, green' policy and I think it places more emphasis on getting to a pass grade. 3.5 should be viewed as a distinction. However, its hard to say exactly how it'll work until I try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick wins from Direct Instruction: Dimensions of Difficulty

This post was inspired by an episode of the Craig Barton podcast with Kris Boulton. Kris was acting as a salesman for Engelmann's Direct...