Friday 17 February 2012

Please allow me to introduce myself....

Hi there, I'm Phil. I am a new fledgling in the world of teaching and the world of blogging.
Firstly, props to Dan Meyer of dy/dan who I have to thank for showing me that maths classes can be damn exciting no matter what the topic or ability of the class, and for convincing me to start this blog. Big thanks to you, Dan!

What do I want to achieve from this blog? I am hoping that this blog will help me to be constructively critical about my teaching. It will be a sounding board for new lesson ideas, where I can put my thoughts together, and a place where I can let go after a bad day. Who knows, maybe people will read the blog and be able to help me spot and learn from my mistakes more quickly. We'll see how it goes...

Anyway, that's all for now. Its already way too late for any teacher of mathematics and I'm finding keeping my wits beyond me. More soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick wins from Direct Instruction: Dimensions of Difficulty

This post was inspired by an episode of the Craig Barton podcast with Kris Boulton. Kris was acting as a salesman for Engelmann's Direct...